I got this from the blog “Missional Order.” It was too good not to pass along:
10 ways NOT to live missionally.
- Live as if the only soul that matters to God is your own.
- Busy yourself with what matters very little in the kingdom of God.
- Seek all the things that you need first, then seek the kingdom of God and his righteousness.
- Believe that the power of God resides in the Gospel, but evangelize and disciple others as if that were not true by using consumerist means.
- Don’t pray for your neighbors.
- Use the Scripture as an instrument to judge rather than to motivate loving actions and good works toward neighbors.
- Model a lone ranger approach to evangelism without connection to a close knit community.
- Depend on the preacher to get it done. After all we’re not all learned and gifted to live missional lives.
- Promise heaven to motivate acceptance of the claims of Christ rather than a life with God in the here and now that looks forward to eternal life with God.
- Believe as if God bypasses the believing community in drawing the non-believing community unto himself.